Sunday, May 22, 2005

baseball mood swings, what else is new?

so I'm sitting alone in my super-single watching a soccer tape of my beloved MetroStars at 3:40 am on a Saturday night. anybody even remotely surprised?

I've actually been remarkably social in this roommate-less life, going to see Star Wars with Melissa, Matt McCabe, and Risa Friday night and seeing Kicking & Screaming with Melissa, Matt, and Lisa tonight and then playing spades. I actually kind of wish I had another week here like I normally do, instead of next week being my last week. I have to do all sorts of packing, dealing with crap my roommates left me, and of course taking my car for maintenance, as my dad reminds me every time he talks to me.

We lost Friday night in baseball, essentially ruling out any chance of us hosting a regional. Even after our hard-fought win today, which took 4 hours, 20 minutes in the longest game I've ever broadcast, we will still be on the road the first weekend of June. Rumors have us in Corvallis, Oregon (awesome for me, since I could drive there from Yakima), Oxford, Mississippi, or Knoxville, Tennessee or one of the locals (Baylor, UT, LSU, Tulane). I need somewhere where I can get a cheap flight from Yakima on three days' notice. Good luck with all that. Here's hoping for somewhere in driving range that Eric, Charles, Caitlin, and Melissa can come to.

Not that my life is dictated by baseball or anything.
Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home