Wednesday, June 01, 2005

on the road again

So there's a little travel going on right now. Check out the schedule:

Sunday - Houston TX-Gainesville TX (c. 5 hours)
Monday - Gainesville TX-Denver CO (c. 12 hours) got to hang out with Della for a while
Tuesday - Denver CO-Boise ID (c. 13 hours) got to walk around downtown Boise for a while looking for a place to eat.
Wednesday - Boise ID-Yakima WA (c. 6 hours) get oriented with home for the next three months
Thursday - Yakima WA-Seattle WA-Phoenix AZ-Houston TX all day flying
Friday - Houston TX-Baton Rouge LA (thank you, Melissa) for NCAA baseball regional
Tuesday - Houston TX-Phoenix AZ-Seattle WA-Yakima WA all day flying again

the scenery today was absolutely gorgeous in part of Wyoming, northern Utah, and southern Idaho. There was also some crazy rain that made driving not fun. And Mike Pede tried to talk me out of coming to Baton Rouge the day after I plunked down $$ for plane tickets. like Hell I'm not going. So looks like I'm paying my own way there and the press box accomodations will suck. F#(* off, LSU.

In the mean time, I'm getting nervous about Yakima and all the crap that has to go down before I get settled into a routine. Which will happen eventually, I'll just be slightly out of sorts until then. Looks like I'm renting the basement of somebody's house (which has a separate entrance and its own bathroom) for $600 for the whole summer. Pretty sweet deal. But I worry there will be no high-speed internet and minimal TV. However, my office will have good internet and I will probably have minimal free time, so it should work out. I'll start meeting people tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home