Saturday, September 10, 2005

Canada, eh?

I've been all over Europe. All over the Caribbean. I've even been to Africa once. But I've never been to our lovely neighbor to the north. That is, I had never been... until yesterday! My friend Greg picked me up at 7:30 AM and we headed north to Vancouver. We got there two and half hours later and stayed until around 8:30 PM. We did a lot of walking around and a lot of just looking at the city. We went to lunch at the Granville Island Market- like the Pike Place Market here in Seattle, but not nearly as big. Then we took a tour of Canada's first mircobrewery- and we got free samples afterwards... I downed 7 of the free samples... yeah, it was good :) We did the Lonely Planet walking tour of Chinatown & Gastown then ate at one of their recommended restaurants, which was delicious! After a little tacky souvenir shopping downtown, we headed back to the states.

I really like Vancouver- it's very similar to Seattle in a lot of respects. I definitely want to go back again and do a lot of the other things that I couldn't do in just one day. My next big excursion out of the US, though, will be taking the ferry over to Victoria for a weekend. I have no clue when that will happen, but it will. Someday. Once I get better settled in here and Greg saves up some money (and I start making some money...) Here's some pics!

-Phill

p.s. The border patrol people are cold and barren. I think they need to hire some jolly older ladies to make our country seem more welcoming.


1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Derrick said...

Cool- I'm actually going to Toronto with Dan and a few SPH people in a few weeks. Not really near Vancouver, but hey. Canada is Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home