Monday, August 22, 2005

Hi Everyone!

This has to be quick, but I have been meaning to post for a long while now and I finally had a minute before work, so I'm sitting down and doing it.

Everything has been going great for me over here in the Big Red Stick. I'm making some friends at work, finally. I've gotten pretty friendly with three other young engineers, two male, one female. They are all really great people. We've been down to Bourbon St several times now, and it's so much fun. They also come over to my house once or twice a week for dinner, which you all know I enjoy. None of them really cook, so I guess it means a lot for them to come home to a cooked meal. Raj keeps joking that he hopes that soon I'll start packing their lunches as well.

Work is going well. I've been working on a couple of different project and am starting to feel like I can depend on my boss's direct supervision a little less. Which is good, because he's gone this week, and when he gets back I really want to be able to show him that I've made some good progress. It looks like one of my projects is going to wither and die because the process engineers, who I need to help me with it, are too busy and the project isn't a high enough priority for them to help me.

Oops! Gah, how did it get so late?! I've gotta get going, but I wanted everyone to know I'm doing great.

Carley

PS. Yesterday I sat down and went through my calender and I'm going to be really busy until about Thanksgiving. And of course, right after Thanksgiving is Christmas! So it's August, and I'm already getting excited about Thanksgiving. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home