Tuesday, August 02, 2005

4-year high school reunion

And the road trip continues! I had a blast in Tucson with my friend Angela (from Spain) and her friends and roommates. We just chilled mostly- watched TV, saw a movie, happy hour, etc. The weather there was well over 100 degress- but 100% dry- so I thought it was great! I stayed with Rachi's parents in Long Beach for a night. It was cute- her mom took me on a tour of Long Beach and showed me all kinds of Rachi things. Then she tried for like 5 minutes to make me drink a beer at dinner. Either she was just being really hip and cool or she was just trying to get me drunk... I don't want to know.


Now I'm in the Bay Area in Mountain View (just north of San Jose) staying with Samet. Lenora and Rea flew in for the weekend and have already left- it was just like senior year of high school. We did some touristy stuff in San Francisco and San Jose: Golden Gate Bridge, Ghirardelli Square, the Alcatraz evening tour, Winchester Mystery Mansion, Lombard Street, walked around Chinatown, Castro Street, and saw that spot where the opening sequence of Full House was shot (and yes we walked 30 minutes out of our way for that- see the pic!) Samet worked today so I decided to go down to Santa Cruz to see what was there- I walked around on the beach, boardwalk, and pier for 2 hours or so. Its really nice down there. I absolutely love the Bay Area! The weather is beautiful and it's liberal as all hell. I'm already planning my next visit out in my head. Anyways, I put some pics of Carley's apartment below as promised. I leave tomorrow for Oregon and I'll be in Seattle on Friday. YAY!

-Phill



Carley's Place: outside (her's is the 1st floor), living room w/ cat, dining roo
m, and kitchen-



2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Derrick said...

Phill, do you ever take pictures without your sunglasses?

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger phillipdavid said...

Not if I can help it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home