Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Oh how thy summer's breeze can knock me off the interstate...

It's a bird! It's a plane! No- It's a hurricane! And its gonna cross paths with me... What luck, right? The last time a hurricane hit Florida in June or July (early in the season) it was 1997. Before that it was in the 1960's- so I guess we were due. Anyways, I am still leaving here Friday on schedule and heading up to Tampa to see Angela Wise. We're going to EPCOT on Saturday to ride the new "Mission: Space" ride and then back to Tampa at night to party a little. But instead of heading to Baton Rouge on Sunday to see Carley, I'll be stopping in Gainesville and staying with Rea until Tuesday or Wednesday- whenever the rain has cleared up and Hurricane Dennis is safely inland. So, I'll be delayed by 2 or 3 days, but I'll still have 4 or so days in Houston!

In other news, my Jewish grandma's meddling has maybe paid off a little. Her friend's grandson's friend's sister (I don't know how she hears about these people) just graduated from UPenn and is moving to Seattle just like me (no job, never been there before, etc.) My grandma gave me her e-mail address, so I shot her an e-mail and she responded. We're gonna hang out when she arrives August 20th- so I have somebody to explore the city with until Della arrives! The best part: this girl's cousins live in Seattle- and one of them works for a staffing agency (like an employment agency, but judging from the website, I think it's one that hires more qualified people to major corporations and such.) She told me to e-mail her cousin and that she would try to help me find work. Woohoo! I like this girl already :)

Anyways, that's my life. It's been non-stop packing for a few days now- I'm about half loaded up and still am trying to figure out the best arrangement of crap in my car. I actually think it might all fit so I won't have to ship anything... we'll see how that goes... Assuming I don't get blown away by Dennis, I will see some of you soon!

- Phill

p.s. Hurricanes blow! Get it??? I'm so punny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home