Sunday, June 26, 2005

Settling in...

Movers came yesterday morning and unloaded all my stuff. Took me all afternoon just to unpack the kitchen, still have about two thirds of my stuff to unpack. RAR. Ah well, that's how it goes.

New apartment is nice. It's about 800 sq ft, which is plenty big enough for me. Plenty of room in all the rooms, except the dining area, because I have my mother's hutch in there, so fitting the table in too was a little tight. Still trying to decide if I am happy with how the furniture is set up, or if I want to shift stuff around.

The other day, I went to go check my mail and was surprised to see a LOT of mail in there. So I pulled everything out and discovered two wedding magazines. Whoa. Apparently whoever was living here before me, (a Ms Elenor Long) was either getting married, or was obsessed about getting married. There were also, of course, some credit card offers, etc. I thought it was sort of funny though.

My cat is being rather adorable. I think she likes the new place, she is being pretty affectionate, coming to sit on my lap, etc. She is also liking all the cardboard boxes that are sitting around, you know how cats are about cardboard boxes. She likes to jump into them, hang out there for awhile, and then jump out. Silly cat.

Anyways, I am settling in fine. Here's my address, for those of you who want it:
Carley Petrie
7250 Perkins Rd, Apt # 711
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Once I get settled in a bit more, I will take some pictures and post them somewhere so those of you who are curious can see them.

Later, everyone!
Carley

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Derrick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Derrick said...

Not that I've tried it, but if you're rearranging your furniture anyway- why not go with some Feng Shui? I mean hey, who here couldn't use some better flowing chi in their apartment? At the very least arrange your cardboard boxes appropriately. Think of how ecstatic your cat could be.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger phillipdavid said...

YAY for Carley! I can't wait to be your first house guest :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home