Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm legal!

So, nothing really blogworthy has been going on here, until this morning...

I took my Washington State Property & Casualty Insurance Agent Licensing Exam, and I passed all four sections on the first try! Woohoo! Apparently, the pass rate is only 60%, which includes people taking it the second and third time. So I was pretty pleased :) A lot of the people at work had to take it over again when they were getting licensed, so I kind of felt a little awkward about it, but whatev! So now I'm legal when I do my job. Always a good thing.

I missed work all last week to attend the required licensing school. I learned a hell of a lot of stuff that I will never use at work, mainly because we insure big, weird, and risky commercial stuff that can't be insured with authorized insurer's in Washington's normal market, so the rules don't really apply to us too much. I did learn all about car and homeowner's/renter's insurance, so if any of you ever need advice on what to buy, I can totally help you out :) Just send me a copy of your policies or quotes and I can make recommendations on what coverages you need or don't need and tell you what everything means. Hey, this insurance stuff is practical!

In other news, I'll be visiting Houston April 19 - 23. Thursday night will be Chuy's! Saturday night will be Flying Saucer and Volcano! Thursday and Friday day will be spent around Rice visiting people and going to see Kat & Matt's house that they bought. Their wedding is on Saturday. I also plan on taking Dave & Miguel to downtown Spec's because they both just turned 21! Also, I need to buy Everclear and foreign wines that I can smuggle back into this liquor-regulated state. I miss real liquor stores. I also NEED to hit up Goode Co BBQ, Barnaby's, and I was thinking China Bear too? Maybe Pei Wei? I miss americanized Asian food... everything here is too authentic for me. And maybe Chuy's a 2nd time because I miss it so much? And obviously House of Pie and TC for late night runs. What other restaurants am I missing? The current plan is to stay with Dave at Sid on Wednesday and Thursday nights, then at Miguel's apartment on Friday, and with J&A on Saturday. I'm super excited about seeing everyone again! Eric and Charles: you should totally come down for the weekend- at least for Saturday night when we're out drinking! Jiin-Yu- I look forward to seeing you & Austin too!

Ok, I've planned this out way too much. I'm gonna go take a breather and drink some more champagne. Woohoo!

-Phill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home