Wednesday, November 09, 2005

SMOKERS! GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC!

I know I already posted tonight but I'm as happy as a schoolboy and I have to say something: Washington voters just passed the STRICTEST smoking ban of ANY state or municipality in the country! WOOHOO! There will be no smoking in ANY public place or place of employment- which includes bars- OR within 25 feet of any doorway, window, or ventilation opening on any such public building or place of employment. That makes Florida's smoking rules- which have exceptions for smoking in designated hotel rooms, tobacco shops, bars that have less than 10% of their revenue coming from food, and restaurant patios that are more than 50% uncovered- seem like bubkis. And within 25 feet of a door! Smokers are going to have to sit in the middle of intersections! In the Seattle rain! HAHAHAHAHA! YAY! So now my clothes won't smell like smoke and I can go to trivia night at Finn McCool's in peace :)

I just had a happy moment. Also, Seattle voters axed the monorail plan, so now I might actually register my car here eventually because the ridiculous "3% of your car's blue book value" monorail tax will end. Monorail would have been fun. But oh well. Also, YAY for Virginia, New Jersey, and Maine! Booo on Texas. But that was a given.

Phill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home